Monday, May 31, 2010

The Tacky Tack blog has created a monster.

Right now spread out on my work desk:

  • Yellow and white snake skin
  • Pink metallic skiver with sparkles
  • Pink and silver studs
  • Pink and clear crystals
  • Campy "pistol" curb bit

It's going to be magnificent.

More New Stuff!

My website has been updated, again. This is the price I pay for being productive, the work I have to put in keeping my website current! I have to keep reminding myself that it's much faster to update as I go than to wait and try and do a bunch of them at once.

Anyway, here's the new 2010 page with it's new additions:

Here's a pic of the most recent addition, a commission to fit Sarah Rose's Khemosabi resin. I don't have one of those, so Reno here had to do for pics!

I hope you all in the states are enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hair! Hair Everywhere!

Here's what I just did:

I have decided to do a couple of hours of work on stuff for sales/myself every time I finish an order. I finished an order this morning, so this afternoon I'm playing with hairy cowhide! I'll start on the next order in the morning - for now I'm going to see if I can't put together part of a fun gaming set straight from the Tacky Tack blog. :-D

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Not dead!

Just really lazy, apparently. I forget that not everybody is on Model Horse Blab or Facebook, so I should probably make an effort to update here too!

I did a major website update and re-design this week, as well as officially opening the books for a handful of orders. I only have room for one more, then the books are closed until I get what I have finished.

Here's the updated tackmaking page:

I also, under great duress, made a real price sheet and order form. I was re-inventing the wheel every time I spoke with a potential customer, so now I have everything down in one place! If you're interested in ordering something, just shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you the information.

In current news, here's what I've been working on for the past couple of hours:

I really dislike making these little doohickeys, but they're necessary... if real saddles have 'em, I need to make 'em. At least I'm making enough for several saddles. I'll thank myself for that when I don't have to make them again for a couple of weeks. These are only partially done, not tooled or on pins yet.

Thanks to everybody that has stuck around! I promise to be better!